Many brides have an idea of what their wedding should look like, but with innumerable options available, putting things together can be awe-inspiring
Many brides have an idea of what their wedding should look like, but with innumerable options available, putting things together can be awe-inspiring and expensive. And if having a backyard wedding is on your list, then we have put together a few pros and cons of a backyard wedding.
WHY SHOULD I GO FOR A BACKYARD WEDDING?
• Having your wedding at parents place can be a personal affair. Considering your parents have lived in that house for long, you will be in the company of childhood memories like the tree you climbed as a young girl, etc.
• Have a comfortable wedding. Not everybody wants a have a sit down wedding reception, instead just have a relaxed time with friends and family members. Go for a simple barbeque instead of a formal breakfast. Because it is your backyard, you can do whatever you like.
• The most popular reason of having a backyard wedding is that you don’t have to pay for site fee. The money could be used to hire furniture, marquees as you would be saving a lot on the venue.
WHY SHOULDN’T I GO FOR A BACKYARD WEDDING?
• If you don’t have a huge backyard, there could be restrictions in terms of how many guests you can invite for your wedding. You might have to compromise on arrangements for your wedding and also ensure that guests are comfortable. Also you might not be able to have a separate drinks counter, breakfast and a dance floor that you normally would have in a wedding venue.
• Choosing a venue could be an expensive affair.
• Even if your guests are well-behaved, there is a possibility of some damage to your backyard due to dancing and drinking. There could be more damage done if the guests have to walk through the house to reach the bathroom or get to a drinks counter. Ensure to keep some money aside for repairs after the wedding. Also there will be a lot of mess to clean up after reception; you cannot leave it to others to clean the mess.
• Some like to have their wedding around familiar objects, while others find it a bit dull to have house wedding because they want their wedding to be special and magical. Backyard wedding needs a lot of detailing to make it a memorable wedding.
So, if you are planning a backyard wedding, think twice about the pros and cons of this type of outdoor wedding.